Friday 18 April 2014

Street Art Exmouth Style (Part 2)

STREET ART EXMOUTH STYLE - THE BEACH

Another example of art on public view in Exmouth, this time the sign hanging outside The Beach pub. Let's be frank, however, and admit that it's not a very imaginative painting.
You can see where it's coming from: Exmouth has a beach, the pub's name is The Beach so let's have a painting of - a beach! Which is all well and good but it's a bit empty, isn't it? A bit desolate. A bit void of any imagination.


Personally, I like my art to be a bit more vivid. A bit more colourful in both it's physical appearance and it's metaphysical relationship to the viewer. If there's going to be a painting of a beach then I want it to be a bit more expressive. I want it to explode in excelsis deo. I want my beach and my Exmouth to be depicted as a psychedelic wonderland:


I even want the sea itself to be depicted as liquid ecstasy. As one of the greatest natural wonders of the world because let's face it, that's exactly what it is. I want the sea at Exmouth to be depicted as the source of everything. Don't know about you but I want it to be like Andrei Tarkovsky's Solaris. I want to be able to look into it as you would a fire and see things you might never have imagined. I want it to be a lake of dreams. A sea of rains. A gulf of dews. An ocean of fecundity:

No comments:

Post a Comment