Wednesday 16 July 2014

Guilty Pleasures (Part 3)

GUILTY PLEASURES (Part 3)

Hey! Look! Look! It's The Wurzels! Playing at the Exmouth Pavilion! Yes! Get down there everyone!


The original gangsters. Still keeping it real. Too hot to handle, too cold to hold. The hardest of the hardcore. Forever next level. Somerset posse in the house!

"Drink up thy zider, drink up thy zider for tonight we'll merry be - merry be! We'll knock the milk churns over and roll 'em in the clover. The corn's half cut and so be we!"

The Somerset Massif. Countryside dancers, revolution romancers. Keepers of the flame. Torch bearers for multi-generations. Keeping it gangster. Recognize! Booyakasha!

"When the moon shines on the cow shed and we're rolling in the hay, all the cows are up there grazin' and the milk is on its way. I am a zider drinker, I drinks it all of the day! I am a zider drinker, it soothes all me troubles away! Ooh aar ooh ay, ooh aar ooh aar!"

The group that left Motorhead at the starting blocks. The touchstone for every punk rock band in the West Country. A force of nature. Over-liberated, you might say. No sleep til Exmouth! Jumpmotherfuckersjumpmotherfuckersjumpmotherfuckersjumpmotherfuckers......

"Where be that blackbird to? I know where he be! He be up yon Wurzel tree and I be after he. Now I sees he and he sees I, buggered if I don't get 'en. With a gurt big stick I'll knock 'im down, blackbird I'll 'ave he. La la la la la, la la la la la la.  'Ow's 'e father? Alright!"

No comments:

Post a Comment